Eco-club have been hard at work planting!
When the tulips, crocuses, daffodils and grape hyacinths start blooming early in the spring, our school garden will be bursting with colour.
Switch Off Fortnight 2018
Our Eco-reps will be monitoring wastage in school, ensuring we are saving as much energy as possible. Try to save energy at home too - just by turning plug sockets off at night before going to bed could save lots of energy!
Hedgehog Homes and Bug Hotels
Eco-clubbers have been working hard to create lovely hedgehog and bug homes for them to stay safe and warm during the colder months.
- 90% of buses in Liverpool are now electric, which means they charge over night and don't use fuel. This is great for helping to protect our environment as it reduces the amount of pollution. - Most buses now have free Wi-Fi and chargers so you can easily charge your phone, I-pad or anything else electrical as you ride the bus!
- Travelling by bus means families can travel together and chat or play games, instead of one person having to concentrate on the driving.
- It is also quicker to travel by bus as there are bus lanes that only buses can travel through when it is busy.
- You can also save money travelling by bus as you don't need to worry about expensive car parking fees.
- If you are ever lost, you can stop a bus and ask the driver if they can help you by either calling someone or directing you where to go.