Our Big Beach Clean Up
Thank you so much to all the families and staff who came to help clean up the beach. It was a lovely morning and we collected lots of small bits of plastic such as straws, bottle tops, bits of wrappers etc. Lucky Leyton even found a £5 note!! It's nice to think that we stopped these bits of plastic from polluting our oceans and that we have had a little positive impact on the marine life. We will look forward to working with Sefton Coastal team to do more beach clean ups in the future. Those children who helped will receive 2 stars for 'giving is better than receiving' - a huge well done and thank you!
Photos to follow soon...
Waste Week: Monday 11th March
We will be taking part in Waste Week and focusing on how we can reduce food and packaging waste both in school and at home. Our dedicated Eco-committee will be holding an assembly and will also be visiting Gillmoss Recycling Centre to learn about waste and how it can be reduced or recycled. Please take a look at the documents below as they give great tips on how you could reduce food waste and recycle plastics.
Eco-club have been hard at work planting!
When the tulips, crocuses, daffodils and grape hyacinths start blooming early in the spring, our school garden will be bursting with colour.
Switch Off Fortnight 2018
Our Eco-reps will be monitoring wastage in school, ensuring we are saving as much energy as possible. Try to save energy at home too - just by turning plug sockets off at night before going to bed could save lots of energy!
Hedgehog Homes and Bug Hotels
Eco-clubbers have been working hard to create lovely hedgehog and bug homes for them to stay safe and warm during the colder months.
- 90% of buses in Liverpool are now electric, which means they charge over night and don't use fuel. This is great for helping to protect our environment as it reduces the amount of pollution. - Most buses now have free Wi-Fi and chargers so you can easily charge your phone, I-pad or anything else electrical as you ride the bus!
- Travelling by bus means families can travel together and chat or play games, instead of one person having to concentrate on the driving.
- It is also quicker to travel by bus as there are bus lanes that only buses can travel through when it is busy.
- You can also save money travelling by bus as you don't need to worry about expensive car parking fees.
- If you are ever lost, you can stop a bus and ask the driver if they can help you by either calling someone or directing you where to go.